Social justice/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Social justice: The concept that all citizens should be allowed equal access to a society's benefits and equal treatment under both the spirit and the letter of the law.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Civil society : The space for social activity outside the market, state and household; the arena of uncoerced collective action around shared interests, purposes and values.
- Global justice : Topic in political philosophy arising from the concern that humans do not live in a just world.
- Christian Left : A number of contemporary left-wing political movements that are specifically Christian, which advocate socially liberal/progressive values in politics and the popular culture; they generally are for more separation of church and state than is the Christian Right
- Avaaz.org : International, Internet-based advocacy and political organization to deal with effects of globalization and to promote democracy and accountability, formed by ResPublica and MoveOn.org
- John Rawls : (1921–2002) American liberal political philosopher and professor at Harvard University.
- Tom Perriello : U.S. Representative (D-Virginia) for the generally conservative 5th District; positions himself as a populist
- Society of Jesus : A Catholic religious order founded in 1534 by St Ignatius of Loyola.
- Conservative Party (UK) : A conservative political party in the United Kingdom, founded in its present form during the early 19th century.
- Community activism : Social process in which individuals advocate, either single or in organisations, for social progress in their localities.
- Salpointe Catholic High School : Salpointe Catholic H.S. is a co-ed Catholic high school in Tucson, Arizona, run by the Carmelite Order.
- Advocates International : Founded in the U.S. in response to the fall of the Soviet Union, an international Christian legal group that "puts in practice the strategy of Jesus whose chosen method was the formation of small bands of committed friends...to promote human rights and equal justice for the poor, the sanctity of human life, religious freedom, the rule of law, peace and reconciliation, and family & community"; distinctly international in nature rather than focused on U.S. Christian Right; some of its principles might be associated with the Christian Left
- Jewish Voice for Peace : An American Jewish group focused on the Israel-Palestine Conflict, which is not explicitly anti-Zionist but also does not require a two-state solution; considered far to the left of other U.S. organizations
- Union of Progressive Zionists : Student organization sponsored by Meretz-USA and Ameinu and the Jewish youth movements Habonim Dror and Hashomer Hatzair; network of student activists organizing for social justice and peace in Israel and Palestine
- Habonim Dror : Worldwide Labor Zionist organization, with the dual goal of promoting ties to Israel and of developing local Jewish leaders committed to social justice