From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Seizure. Needs checking by a human.
- Alcohol withdrawal : A group of syndromes that may occur after cessation of drinking ethanol alcohol.
- Anterograde amnesia : As a result of physical or psychogenic events, loss of the ability to form new memories beyond a certain point in time
- Anticonvulsant : Medications used to prevent seizures or reduce their severity.
- Brain concussion : A nonspecific term used to describe transient alterations or loss of consciousness following closed head injuries.
- Carbamazepine : An anticonvulsant drug used to treat epilepsy, seizures, neurogenic pain and some psychiatric disorders.
- Electroencephalography : A technique that records brain electrical activity non-invasively.
- Epilepsy : Brain disorder manifested as recurrent seizures or disturbed mental function, due to disturbances of brain electrical activity.
- Food and Drug Administration : The agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services responsible for regulating food, dietary supplements, drugs, biological medical products, blood products, medical devices, radiation-emitting devices, veterinary products, and cosmetics.
- Hippocrates : (c. 460 – 370 BCE) A physician, who revolutionized the practice of medicine by transforming it from its mythical, superstitious, magical and supernatural roots to a science based on observation and reason.
- History of neuroimaging : The development of techniques allowing to visualize brain structure and function.
- Levetiracetam : A medication used for treating epilepsy and seizures.
- Lissencephaly : Condition in which the brain surface is smooth, as opposed to gyrified. Normal in many mammals and transient in human fetal development but a disorder in humans born with it.
- Magnesium : The metallic element that has atomic number 12 and belongs to alkaline earth metal group.
- Pachygyria : A congenital malformation of the cerebral hemisphere that results in unusually thick convolutions of the cerebral cortex.
- Pregabalin : An anticonvulsant drug used for neuropathic pain and as an adjunct therapy for partial seizures with or without secondary generalization in adults.
- Rhabdomyolysis : Acute, fulminant, potentially fatal disease that destroys skeletal muscle and is often accompanied by the excretion of myoglobin in the urine.
- Status epilepticus : Prolonged seizure or seizures repeated frequently enough to prevent recovery between episodes occurring over a period of 20-30 minutes.
- Topiramate : A medication that is used for treating epilepsy and migraine headache.