Remote sensing/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Remote sensing, or pages that link to Remote sensing or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Remote sensing. Needs checking by a human.
- Convergence of communications : Technical specifications and infrastructure to allow all types of communications (e.g., telephone, web, television) to interface over a common set of information transfer technologies
- Geographic Information System : Combined database and mapping system for the capture, storage, and manipulation of geographic data.
- Geographic information system : Utility to handle spatial data that incorporates encoding, management, analysis and output.
- Geography : Study of the surface of the Earth and the activities of humanity upon it.
- Geospatial intelligence : Information derived from combining images, from a variety of sources, with geographical locations, resolving conflicts of coordinates and different imaging techniques, and analyzing the results
- IDL : Add brief definition or description
- Imagery intelligence : the practice of taking and interpreting visible and infrared light photographs and video, radar imagery, and other ways to form pictures of subjects of interest
- Landscape ecology : Science of studying and improving the relationship between spatial pattern and ecological processes on a multitude of landscape scales and organizational levels.
- Measurement and signature intelligence : A variety of intelligence gathering disciplines complementary to the technical "mainstream" of imagery intelligence and signals intelligence.
- Space Race : A competition of space exploration between the United States and Soviet Union, which lasted roughly from 1957 to 1975.
- Spectroscopic MASINT : A electro-optical measurement and signature intelligence technique to measure the electromagnetic spectrum reflected from or emitted by an object, typically within the infrared through ultraviolet wavelength range, and compare it to spectral signatures of known objects
- United States intelligence community : The United States' intelligence agencies coordinated by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.