Geographic information system/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Geographic information system, or pages that link to Geographic information system or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Geographic information system. Needs checking by a human.
- Computer : A machine that executes a sequence of instructions.
- Evolution of the human diet : Factors in the development of the human diet in history.
- Global Navigation Satellite System : A system which allows small electronic devices to determine their location (Longitude, Latitude, and Altitude) as well as time with an accuracy of up to a few centimetres using time signals transmitted along a line of sight by radio from satellites.
- History of geography : Chronology of the development and history of geography.
- Landscape ecology : Science of studying and improving the relationship between spatial pattern and ecological processes on a multitude of landscape scales and organizational levels.
- Mashup : An integrated application created by combining data and services of multiple applications. On the web, "mashup" typically refers to the combining of geographical location information with a service such as Google maps or Microsoft Virtual Earth.
- Scientific visualization : The graphical representation of scientific data using computers and in particular techniques from computer graphics.