Relay (computers)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Relay (computers), or pages that link to Relay (computers) or to this page or whose text .
- Computer network : A collection of computers or digital devices ("nodes") connected by communication links.
- Telecommunications network : A system of end user devices, transmission media, and intermediate relays, through which end users communicate using parts of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Router : A relay that forwards individual packets based on information in their header; typically an Internet Protocol header
- Bridge (computer network) : A relay that makes forwarding plane decisions based on MAC addresses or other link-local address information
- Circuit switching : Constituent electric circuit of a switching or digital processing system which receives, stores, or manipulates information in coded form to accomplish the specified objectives of the system.
- Firewall : A set of functions, implemented on one or more computers, which implement a security policy for access to a trusted network from an untrusted one