Circuit switching/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Circuit switching, or pages that link to Circuit switching or to this page or whose text .
- Telecommunications network : A system of end user devices, transmission media, and intermediate relays, through which end users communicate using parts of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Public Switched Telephone Network : Network of the world's public circuit-switched telephone systems, the is now almost entirely digital and includes mobile as well as fixed telephones.
- Circuit switch : Add brief definition or description
- Matrix switch : Add brief definition or description
- Admission control : Add brief definition or description
- Control plane : Functions in a router that tell it how to direct packets through the forwarding plane; include routing protocols that draw the "map" of the network
- Forwarding plane : The part of the router architecture that decides what to do with packets arriving on an inbound interface.
- Packet switching : Network communications method that groups all transmitted data, irrespective of content, type, or structure into suitably-sized blocks, called packets.
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching : Add brief definition or description
- Resource Reservation Protocol : An end-to-end control (i.e., signaling) protocol used to reserve bandwidth from one edge of an Internet Protocol network to the other edge