Email processes and protocols/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Email processes and protocols, or pages that link to Email processes and protocols or to this page or whose text .
- Email system : General overview of how the Internet electronic mail system works.
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) : In the Internet Protocol Suite, SMTP is the basic method for transferring the "envelopes" of electronic mail among servers performing the electronic "post office" function, not the user mailbox function. (RFC-5321)
- Post Office Protocol (POP) : A client-server messaging protocol in the Internet Protocol Suite, which pulls messages from a mail storage server to the client machine. (RFC-1939)
- Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) : Add brief definition or description (RFC-3501)
- SMTP example sessions : Typical email sessions using the SMTP protocol.
- Email message formats : The formats and encodings used for text, pictures, and various other objects in an email. (RFC-5322)
- Email message headers : The header lines in every email message, defined in RFC 5322
- Email authentication : Brief overview of methods used to authenticate the sender of an email.
- Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) : MIME extends the format of Internet mail to allow non-US-ASCII textual messages, non-textual messages, multipart message bodies, and non-US-ASCII information in message headers. (RFC-2045..2049)