From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Caucus : Closed meeting of members of a group that is formed to further a particular interest.
- Consequentialism : The belief that the expected consequences of decisions should be the sole criterion of decision-making (in contrast to deontology).
- Community : Generally, a group of organisms sharing an environment. In human communities the shared environment may be defined by mutual interests, pooled resources, common beliefs, shared pursuits, perceived needs, or other common traits or characteristics, and may be associated with a shared identity which in the case of physical communities may include a sense of place.
- Corporation : In commerce, an organisation that is jointly owned by shareholders who participate in its profits but are not personally liable for its debts. More generally, a legal entity that is distinct from its owners and may employ people, buy and sell assets, and lend or borrow money.
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Deontology : The belief that decisions should conform to predetermined rules, regardless of their consequences (in contrast to consequentialism).
- Logrolling : The exchange of political support for political favours, especially among legislators.
- Rent-seeking : Behaviour that increases the welfare of a person or group at the expense of the welfare of others.
- Self-determination (politics) : The principle in international law that nations should be free from external interference in their domestic affairs.
- Sovereign state : Political association with effective internal and external sovereignty over a geographic area and population which is not dependent on, or subject to any other power or state.
- Spin (politics) : The interpretation of events in a manner calculated to favour a particular interest.
- State : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See State (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.