Plasmodium falciparum/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Plasmodium falciparum, or pages that link to Plasmodium falciparum or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Plasmodium falciparum. Needs checking by a human.
- Adenine : A base incorporated into DNA and RNA and part of an energy carrier, as ATP, in metabolism.
- Fever : Elevation in the central body temperature of warm-blooded animals caused by abnormal functioning of the thermoregulatory mechanisms.
- Kidney : Organs in the dorsal region of the vertebrate abdominal cavity, functioning to maintain proper water and electrolyte balance, regulate acid-base concentration, and filter the blood of metabolic wastes, which are then excreted as urine.
- Malaria : A tropical infectious disease, caused by protozoa carried by mosquitoes, which is the world's worst insect vector-borne disease
- Mitochondrion : Structure, function, life cycle and evolutionary theories involving the origins and role of the mitochondrion.
- Red blood cells : Also called erythrocytes; a type of disc-shaped blood cell that contain hemoglobin, and the body's principal means of delivering oxygen to the body's cells via the blood, and the removal of carbon dioxide wastes that result from metabolism.
- Schizont : Among protozoa, multinucleate cells or a stage in the development of sporozoa,exemplified by the life cycle of Plasmodium falciparum in the disease cycle of malaria.
- Vector (epidemiology) : The means by which a cause of morbidity or mortality propagates, such as insects, contaminated water, etc.