Physical chemistry/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Physical chemistry, or pages that link to Physical chemistry or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Physical chemistry. Needs checking by a human.
- Biophysics : The study of forces and energies in biological systems.
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- George Kistiakowsky : (1900 – 1982), leader of the chemical explosives team of the Manhattan Project
- Ideal gas law : Relates pressure, volume and temperature for hypothetical gases of atoms or molecules with negligible intermolecular forces.
- Josef Loschmidt : (1821-1895) Scientist who made major contributions to physical chemistry, thermodynamics, electromagnetism and organic chemistry.
- Life : Living systems, of which biologists seek the commonalities distinguishing them from nonliving systems.
- Logarithm : Inverse of exponentiation, as subtraction is the inverse of addition and division is the inverse of multiplication.
- Materials science : A multi-disciplinary field involving the properties of matter and its applications to various areas of science and engineering.
- Nuclear chemistry : Subfield of chemistry dealing with radioactivity, nuclear processes and nuclear properties.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Quantum chemistry : A branch of theoretical chemistry, which applies quantum mechanics and quantum field theory to address issues and problems in chemistry.
- Reaction rate : The amount of reactant or product that is formed or removed (in moles or mass units) per unit time per unit volume, in a particular reaction.
- Specific heat ratio : The ratio of the specific heat of a gas at constant pressure, , to the specific heat at constant volume, , also sometimes called the adiabatic index or the heat capacity ratio or the isentropic expansion factor.
- Theoretical biology : The study of biological systems by theoretical means.
- Theoretical chemistry : The description of atoms, molecules and reactions in mathematical form.
- Thermodynamics : The statistical description of the properties of molecular systems