Personality disorder/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Personality disorder, or pages that link to Personality disorder or to this page or whose text .
- Idée fixe : A preoccupation of mind held so firmly as to resist any attempt to modify it, a fixation
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Personality disorder. Needs checking by a human.
- Abnormal psychology : The field of study which focuses on describing patterns of behavior that deviate from accepted social norms.
- Antisocial personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others that begins in childhood or early adolescence and continues into adulthood.
- Avoidant personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by a pervasive pattern of social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy, extreme sensitivity to negative evaluation and avoidance of social interaction.
- Borderline personality disorder : A personality disorder marked by a pattern of instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image, and affects, and marked impulsivity beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts. (National Library of Medicine)
- Dependent personality disorder : Condition characterized by a pervasive psychological dependence on other people
- Histrionic personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by an exaggerated display of emotion to gain attention and sympathy.
- Narcissistic personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by an extreme focus on oneself.
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder : Personality disorder characterized by inflexibility, rigid conformity to rules and procedures, perfectionism, moral code, and/or excessive orderliness.
- Paranoid personality disorder : a Behavioral disorder characterized by an exaggerated sensitivity to rejection, resentfulness, distrust, and an inclination to distort experiences and events
- Psychology : The study of systemic properties of the brain and their relation to behaviour.
- Psychosis : A brain disorder characterized by severely distorted sensory perception.
- Schizoid personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a solitary lifestyle and emotional coldness.
- Schizotypal personality disorder : A personality disorder characterized by social isolation, as well the exhibition of odd behavior and thinking, often accompanied by unconventional belief systems.