From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to PAFAH1B1, or pages that link to PAFAH1B1 or to this page or whose text .
- Gene : The functional unit of heredity.
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Brain development : The build-up of the brain from ectodermal cells to a complex structure of neurons, glia and blood vessels.
- Lissencephaly : Condition in which the brain surface is smooth, as opposed to gyrified. Normal in many mammals and transient in human fetal development but a disorder in humans born with it.
- Neuronal migration : The process by which nerve cells travel from the place of their last cell division to their final position in the brain.
- Gyrification : The folding process during brain development, or the extent of folding.
- Polymicrogyria : A disorder in which the brain surface resembles that of a road paved with cobblestones.