Nguyen Co Thach/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Nguyen Co Thach, or pages that link to Nguyen Co Thach or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Nguyen Co Thach. Needs checking by a human.
- Cambodia : A country of Southeast Asia, on the Gulf of Thailand, sharing borders with Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos
- Hanoi : Located on the Red River in northern Vietnam (i.e., Tonkin), it is the national capital, about 65 miles west of Haiphong, on the South China Sea
- Le Duc Tho : A member of the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, who was the true, not public, senior negotiator at the Paris Peace Talks, although listed as "special adviser"
- Paris Peace Talks : Secret bilateral talks between the U.S. and North Vietnam (1969-1973) to end U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War, resulting in the Paris Accords signed on January 28, 1973.
- Robert McNamara : A specialist in quantitative management who became president of the Ford Motor Company, but was quickly nominated as Secretary of Defense, becoming a major architect of policy, especially for the Vietnam War, in the John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson administrations.
- Viet Minh : A short name for the Communist-dominated national revolutionary movement that overthrew the colonial government of French Indochina
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China