Nativism (politics)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Nativism (politics), or pages that link to Nativism (politics) or to this page or whose text .
- American exceptionalism : An assumption that the United States, as opposed to the majority of nations, was created based on shared ideology rather than shared history, described by G.K. Chesterton as "set forth with dogmatic and even theological lucidity in the Declaration of Independence", and described by Seymour Martin Lipset as based on liberty,egalitarianism, individualism, populism, and laissez-faire
- Immigration : Add brief definition or description
- Paleoconservatism : A branch of American conservatism that stresses tradition, civil society, classical federalism and the heritage of traditional Christian civilization, and opposed socialism, the Eisenhower "New Deal" and neoconservatism; Patrick Buchanan is prominent
- Jacksonian American nationalism : According to Francis Fukuyama, a branch of the U.S. foreign policy tradition of American nationalism, which emphasizes isolationism and nativism
- Patrick Buchanan : U.S. paleoconservative journalist and political candidate; early assistant to Richard Nixon and speechwriter for Ronald Reagan
- Tom Tancredo : American conservative activist who addressed the 2010 National Tea Party Convention; major issue is illegal immigration; U.S. Representative 1998-2008; Republican presidential nomination candidate 2008; columnist, WorldNetDaily
- Chinese Exclusion Act : Law passed by the United States Congress in 1882 that attempted to prevent the large scale immigration of Chinese workers into America.
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Nativism (politics). Needs checking by a human.
- Al Smith : (December 30, 1873 – October 4, 1944) Governor of New York, and Democratic presidential candidate in 1928.
- German Americans : The largest ethnic group in the United States, with over 45 million people, comprising over a fourth of the white population.
- Ku Klux Klan : Add brief definition or description
- Quiverfull : A Protestant, Evangelical movement that advocates large families and no birth control.