German Americans/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to German Americans, or pages that link to German Americans or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/German Americans. Needs checking by a human.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- American Revolution : The political and military action of the American colonists who overthrew British control between 1763-1789.
- Gilded Age : the post-Civil War era in American history, from 1865 to 1901, which saw unprecedented economic, industrial, and population expansion.
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin : Name of the largest city and largest county in the state of Wisconsin and 22nd-largest city in the U.S.A.
- Nativism (politics) : Interests of certain established inhabitants of an area or nation as compared to claims of newcomers or immigrants.
- New Deal Coalition : The alignment of interest groups and voting blocks who supported the New Deal and voted for Democratic presidential candidates from 1932 until approximately 1966.
- Richard Hofstadter : (1916–1970) Pulitzer Prize-winning American historian at Columbia University.
- Yankee : An American of New England origin or heritage; a Northerner in the American Civil War