New Deal Coalition/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to New Deal Coalition, or pages that link to New Deal Coalition or to this page or whose text .
- New Deal : The name President Franklin D. Roosevelt gave to the series of programs between 1933–1938 with the goal of relief, recovery and reform of the United States economy during the Great Depression.
- Conservative coalition : Add brief definition or description
- Franklin D. Roosevelt : (January 30, 1882 – April 12, 1945), often called FDR, the President of the United States 1933 to 1945.
- Harry S. Truman : (1884-1972) President of the U.S. from 1945 to 1953.
- Lyndon B. Johnson : American politician (1908-1973); president 1963–1969; known for his civil rights bills and "The Great Society".
- Great Depression : the severe downturn in economic activity that started in 1929 in Germany and the United States and affected many other countries.
- Great Society : A set of liberal domestic programs proposed or enacted in the United States between 1963-1969.