Many thanks September donors. October donations open to all users. - Donate here
National Center for Atmospheric Research/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes and topics related to National Center for Atmospheric Research, or pages that link to National Center for Atmospheric Research or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Air pollution : The presence of contaminants or pollutant substances in the air (air pollutants) that interfere with human health or welfare, or produce other harmful environmental effects.
- Air pollution dispersion modeling : Describes the basic mathematical simulation (i.e., modeling) of how buoyant air pollutants disperse in the atmosphere.
- Air pollution dispersion terminology : Describes and explains the words and technical terms that have a special meaning to workers in the field of air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Air Resources Laboratory : A group within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that develops climate models, air quality models and models for dispersion, transformation and removal of atmospheric pollutants.
- Air Quality Index : A number used by government agencies to characterize the quality of the ambient air at a given location.
- Air Quality Modeling Group : A group within the U.S. EPA's Office of Air and Radiation that provides leadership and direction on the use of air quality models and air pollution dispersion models.
- Climate : The overall weather pattern for an extended period for any defined geographical location which may be over any size of area up to and including the entire Earth.
- Finnish Meteorological Institute : The government agency responsible for gathering and reporting weather data and forecasts in Finland.
- Met Office : The United Kingdom's national weather service and an executive agency of the United Kingom's Ministry of Defence.
- National Environmental Research Institute of Denmark : An independent environmental research institute within the University of Aarhus in Denmark that undertakes scientific consulting work and monitoring of the environment as well as applied and strategic research.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration : A scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce focused on the conditions of the oceans and the atmosphere.
- National Science Foundation : An organ of the U.S. Government that funds American scientific research.
- Norwegian Institute for Air Research : A private Norwegian research institute that is one of the leading specialized scientific institutes in Europe dealing solely with problems related to air pollution.
- Royal Dutch Meteorological Institute : The Dutch national weather forecasting service and also the national research and information centre for climate change, air pollution dispersion modeling and seismology.
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research : Add brief definition or description
- Weather : Add brief definition or description