From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/NSC-68. Needs checking by a human.
- Cold War : Geostrategic, economic and ideological struggle from about 1947 to 1991 between the Soviet Union and the United States and their allies.
- Dean Acheson : An American diplomat (1893-1971) primarily responsible for shaping foreign policy during the Truman administration and early Cold War.
- Harry S. Truman : (1884-1972) President of the U.S. from 1945 to 1953.
- Korean War : A modern conflict (1950-1953) fought on the Korean peninsula between the US-led UN forces, and the Communist coalition of North Korea and China.
- Truman Doctrine : A policy set forth by U.S. President Harry S. Truman in 1947 of giving Greece and Turkey economic and military aid to prevent their falling into the Soviet sphere.
- U.S. foreign policy : The foreign relations and diplomacy of the United States since 1775.