Mine (resource extraction)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Mine (resource extraction), or pages that link to Mine (resource extraction) or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Geology : The scientific study of the structure and composition of the earth's crust and its changes over time.
- Civil engineering : A broad field of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and maintenance of fixed structures, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and water supply and sewage systems.
- Coal : A carbon-containing rock formed by the effect of bacteria, heat and pressure on the debris from the decay of ferns, vines, trees and other plants which flourished in swamps millions of years ago.
- Coal mining : A term that encompasses the various methods used to extract the carbon-containing rock called coal from the ground.
- El Tío : In highland Bolivian folk religion, the spirit owner of the mountain, who is also known as Huari or Supay.
- Industrial Revolution : A period of major economic transformation in Britain from the 1750s to the 1830s, characterized by the growth of a new system comprising factories, railroads, coal mining and business enterprises using new technologies.
- Materials science : A multi-disciplinary field involving the properties of matter and its applications to various areas of science and engineering.
- Metallurgy : Add brief definition or description
- Mine (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Mine (resource extraction)
- Mineral : Add brief definition or description
- Mineral industry : Add brief definition or description
- Surface mining : Add brief definition or description
- Open pit mining : Add brief definition or description
- Underground mining : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement : Add brief definition or description
- Minerals Management Service A redirect
- U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration : Add brief definition or description