Michael Isikoff/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Michael Isikoff, or pages that link to Michael Isikoff or to this page or whose text .
- Journalism : Practice of writing about daily events of interest to people - politics, international affairs, sports, etc.
- National security : A broad, imprecise; sometimes useful, sometimes euphemistic and sometime politicized phrase describing the totality of necessary functions of a nation; maintaining it is the defense against all aspects of the grand strategy of adversaries
- Susan Crawford : Retired (2010) convening authority under the Military Commissions Act of 2006 that tries non-national terrorism suspects; a retired Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Services
- Jay Bybee : Currently a judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and a law professor, he was Assistant Attorney General for the Office of the Legal Counsel in the George W. Bush Administration, and had a prominent role in legal opinions related to interrogation of prisoners
- John Yoo : Professor of law at the University of California at Berkeley School of Law since 1993; between 2001 and 2003; deputy assistant attorney general in the Office of Legal Counsel, working on separation of powers, presidential authority, intelligence interrogation and extraordinary rendition; Visiting Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute
- Keep America Safe : A neoconservative interest group, formed by Liz Cheney (daughter of Dick Cheney) and possibly the public action arm of the Foreign Policy Initiative
- Liz Cheney : neoconservative attorney; daughter of Dick Cheney and assisting him with his memoirs; founding board member of Keep America Safe and Chairman of the Board of the Institute for the Study of War; State Department official for the Middle East 2002-2006
- Vin Weber : CEO and Managing Partner of Clark & Weinstock, a strategy and lobbying firm; senior fellow, Humphrey Institute, University of Minnesota; chair, National Endowment for Democracy; board, Council on Foreign Relations and Aspen Institute; former Republican Member of Congress and cofounder of the Conservative Opportunity Society with Newt Gingrich
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- Bill Clinton : US Democratic politician (1946– ); Governor of Arkansas 1983–1992; President of the United States 1993–2001, husband of U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton