Susan Crawford/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Susan Crawford, or pages that link to Susan Crawford or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Susan Crawford. Needs checking by a human.
- Battle of Tora Bora : A battle of the Afghanistan War (2001-), in which allied special operations forces, principally using Afghan troops, attempted to kill or capture an escaping Osama bin Laden
- Enhanced interrogation techniques : Coercive interrogation techniques, originally used on U.S. High Value Detainees believed to have critical information on potential terrorism, which are controversial as to whether they violated U.S. and international law
- High Value Detainee : Terrorist suspects in U.S. custody, considered to have critical information, for which the Central Intelligence Agency was authorized to use interrogation techniques beyond those normally permitted
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed : Described by the U.S. and by his own proud statement, the operational planner, for al-Qaeda, of the 9-11 attack; a U.S. High Value Detainee to be tried in a civilian criminal court in U.S. v. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, et al.
- Military Commissions Act of 2006 : U.S. law authorizing the President or Secretary of Defense to create tribunals for determining the prisoner of war status of persons captured as non-national combatants, and to try them, outside the regular judicial system, for war crimes
- Mohammed al-Qahtani : An al-Qaeda member captured in Pakistan and prisoner at Guantanamo Bay detention camp; first Military Commission hearing rejected by convening authority Susan Crawford due to his having been tortured but held pending the presentation of new charges
- Office for the Administrative Review of Detained Enemy Combatants : In 2004 the DoD initiated annual reviews of whether they should continue to hold the Guantanamo captives or repatriate them.
- Osama bin Laden : Radical jihadist who, with Ayman al-Zawahiri, founded a group known as al-Qaeda, which is credited with a series of terrorist attacks.
- We Know All interrogation techniques : Methods of psychological interrogation, which may be coercive or noncoercive, that establish a state of futility in the prisoner, convincing him that there is no point in withholding information