Legendre polynomials/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Legendre polynomials, or pages that link to Legendre polynomials or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Legendre polynomials. Needs checking by a human.
- Adrien-Marie Legendre : (1752 – 1833) important French mathematician whose name lives on in the Legendre polynomials and associated Legendre functions.
- Associated Legendre function : Function defined by where Pℓ denotes a Legendre function.
- Catalog of special functions : Add brief definition or description
- Gram-Schmidt orthogonalization : Sequential procedure or algorithm for constructing a set of mutually orthogonal vectors from a given set of linearly independent vectors.
- Kronecker delta : A quantity depending on two subscripts which is equal to one when they are equal and zero when they are unequal.
- Laplace expansion (potential) : An expansion by means of which the determinant of a matrix may be computed in terms of the determinants of all possible smaller square matrices contained in the original.
- Spherical harmonics : A series of harmonic basis functions that can be used to describe the boundary of objects with spherical topology.