Language as a complex adaptive system/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Language as a complex adaptive system, or pages that link to Language as a complex adaptive system or to this page or whose text .
- Language : A type of communication system; this term is used in linguistics, computer science and other fields to refer to different systems, including 'natural language' in humans, programming languages run on computers, and so on.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Adaptation : Describes the event of a trait being selected by the mechanism of natural selection.
- Evolution : A change over time in the proportions of individual organisms differing genetically.
- Natural selection : The differential survival and/or reproduction of classes of entities that differ in one or more characteristics
- Linguistic variation : The range of differences between varieties of language.