Judicial Watch/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Judicial Watch, or pages that link to Judicial Watch or to this page or whose text .
- Ethics in government : Add brief definition or description
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
Board of Directors
- Tom Fitton : President of Judicial Watch; self-described "national spokesperson for the conservative cause"; previous work for America's Voice, National Empowerment Television, International Policy Forum, Leadership Institute, Accuracy in Media
- Paul Orfanedes : Board member and head of the litigation department of Judicial Watch
- Christopher Farrell : Board member and Director of Investigations & Research, Judicial Watch and accredited representative to United Nations headquarters; former U.S. Army intelligence officer; Senior Staff Associate of Columbia University’s National Center for Disaster Preparedness at the Mailman School of Public Health; Association of Former Intelligence Officers; the American Society of Access Professionals; International Counter-Terrorism Officers Association; the Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals; and is a constituent member of the State Department’s Overseas Security Advisory Council
Politicians it accuses of corruption
- Christopher Dodd : U.S. Senator (D-Connecticut}; chair, Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- John Ensign : United States Senator (R-Nevada); veterinarian; Senate Committees on Finance, Budget, Commerce, Science & Transportation; Rules amd Administration; Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Barney Frank : U.S. Representative (D-Massachusetts) and first openly gay Member of Congress; Chair, House Financial Services Committee; honorary president, Americans for Democratic Action; Congressional Progressive Caucus; voted against 2002 Iraq War resolution; 0% "true liberal" 2008 rating from American Conservative Union
- Timothy Geithner : (1961–) United States Secretary of the Treasury, previously president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Eric Holder : (born January 21, 1951) Current United States Attorney General in the Obama administration
- Jesse Jackson, Jr. : Congressional Progressive Caucus; U.S. Representative (D-Illinois); opposed 2002 Iraq War resolution; son of Jesse Jackson; national co-chairman of the Barack Obama campaign
- Roland Burris : U.S. Senator (D-Illinois); Senate Armed Services Committee, Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs, Committee on Veterans Affairs; appointed to fill the seat vacated by Barack Obama
- Barack Obama : 44th President of the United States of America (2009–2017) and a former Senator from Illinois (born 1961).
- Nancy Pelosi : U.S. House Minority Leader and U.S. Representative (D-California); liberal to progressive.
- John Murtha : U.S. Representative (D-Pennsylvania); House Appropriations Committee; retired colonel, U.S. Marine Corps with combat service in Vietnam War
- Charles Rangel : U.S. Representative (D-New York); honorary president, Americans for Democratic Action; 0% "true liberal" 2008 rating from American Conservative Union
- Alliance Defense Fund : A legal alliance and information service supporting social conservatives who believe in Biblical inerrancy, and that the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects the exercise of their rights in what they term a "culture war"; partner ministry of Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview
- Kristinn Taylor : Conservative blogger and organizer, especially for FreeRepublic; with Andrea Shea King, provided media support for Michele Bachmann's November 2006 Capital rally against the House health care bill and with Tea Party Movement activists
- Tea Party Movement : Add brief definition or description