From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Jena: The second largest city in the state of Thuringia in Germany, with a population of just above 100,000.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Germany : Federal republic in central Europe (population c. 82.4 million; capital Berlin), with the North Sea, Denmark and the Baltic Sea to the north; Poland and the Czech Republic to the east; Switzerland and Austria to the south; and France, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands to the west; founding member of the European Union.
- Thuringia : Federal state in central Germany, with Erfurt its capital.
- City : Often a large and important built-up area of housing, amenities, etc., larger than a town; alternatively, any area which has been accorded the status of a city.
- Friedrich Schiller University of Jena : Add brief definition or description
- Botanischer Garten Jena : Add brief definition or description
- Carl Zeiss : Add brief definition or description
- Ernst Abbe : Add brief definition or description
- Otto Schott : Add brief definition or description
- Ernst Haeckel : (1834–1919) German zoologist and one of the founders of evolutionary and developmental biology.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : (1749 - 1832) German writer, poet, and philosopher; still considered the greatest writer of German literature
- : (1759—1805) German dramatist and poet.
- Martin Luther : German theologian and monk (1483-1546); led the Reformation; believed that salvation is granted on the basis of faith rather than deeds.
- Novalis : Add brief definition or description
- Friedrich Hölderlin : Add brief definition or description