Japanese encephalitis virus/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Japanese encephalitis virus, or pages that link to Japanese encephalitis virus or to this page or whose text .
- Central nervous system : The main information-processing organs of the nervous system, consisting of the brain, spinal cord, and meninges.
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Infection : Invasion and multiplication of microorganisms in body tissues, especially that causing local cellular injury due to competitive metabolism, toxins, intracellular replication or antigen–antibody response.
- Encephalitis : Inflammation of the brain due to infection, autoimmune processes, toxins, and other conditions.
- Microbiology : The study of microorganisms (overlapping with areas of virology, bacteriology, mycology, and parasitology).
- Virus (biology) : A microscopic particle that can infect the cells of a biological organism and can reproduce only with the assistance of the cells it infects.
- Cerebellum : The small brain — a part of the hindbrain in vertebrates.
- Dengue fever : A viral disease transmitted by mosquitoes and is endemic in tropical and subtropical regions.
- Fever : Elevation in the central body temperature of warm-blooded animals caused by abnormal functioning of the thermoregulatory mechanisms.
- Protein : A polymer of amino acids; basic building block of living systems.
- Systematics : The study of the diversity of organism characteristics, and how they relate via evolution.
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.