Irrational number/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Irrational number, or pages that link to Irrational number or to this page or whose text .
- Real number : A limit of the Cauchy sequence of rational numbers.
- Complex number : Numbers of the form a+bi, where a and b are real numbers and i denotes a number satisfying .
Commonly used irrational numbers
- E (mathematics) : Constant real number equal to 2.71828 18284 59045 23536... that is the base of the natural logarithms.
- Pi (mathematics) : Add brief definition or description
- Fraction (mathematics) : A concept used to convey a proportional relation between a part and the whole consisting of a numerator (an integer — the part) and a denominator (a natural number — the whole).
- Integer : The positive natural numbers (1, 2, 3, …), their negatives (−1, −2, −3, ...) and the number zero.