Complex number/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Complex number, or pages that link to Complex number or to this page or whose text .
- Number : One of the fundamental concepts of mathematics, used for such purposes as counting, ordering, and measuring.
- Quaternions : Numbers of form a + bi + cj + dk, where a, b, c and d are real, and i2 = −1, j2 = −1 and k2 = −1.
- Real number : A limit of the Cauchy sequence of rational numbers.
- Transcendental number : A number which is not algebraic: that is, does not satisfy any polynomial with integer or rational coefficients.
- Algebraic number : A complex number that is a root of a polynomial with rational coefficients.
- : A number of the form a + bi, where a and b are integers.
- Complex analysis : Field of mathematics, precisely of mathematical analysis, that studies those properties which characterize functions of complex variables.
- Fundamental Theorem of Algebra : Any nonconstant polynomial whose coefficients are complex numbers has at least one complex number as a root.
- Argand diagram : Add brief definition or description