From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Reductionism, or pages that link to Reductionism or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Reductionism. Needs checking by a human.
- Cognitive science : The scientific study either of mind or intelligence and includes parts of cognitive psychology, linguistics and computer science.
- Ecology : The study of the distribution and abundance of organisms and how they are affected by the environment.
- Evolutionary psychology controversy : The various criticisms of evolutionary psychology, as well as counterarguments to these criticisms.
- Global warming : The increase in the average temperature of the Earth's near-surface air and oceans in recent decades and its projected continuation.
- Logical positivism : A school of philosophy that combines positivism—which states that the only authentic knowledge is scientific knowledge—with some kind of logical analysis, which is similar, but not the same as logicism.
- Music perception : The study of the neural mechanisms involved in people perceiving rhythms, melodies, harmonies and other musical features.
- Quantum mechanics : An important branch of physics dealing with the behavior of matter and energy at very small scales.
- Scientific method : The concept of systematic inquiry based on hypotheses and their testing in light of empirical evidence.
- Theories of religion : Set of theories which examine the origins of religion, classified into substantive (focusing on what it is) theories and functional or reductionist (focusing on what religions does) theories.
- Vitalism : The doctrine that the functioning of a living organism does not result from physical and chemical forces alone.