Invincible (carrier)-class/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Invincible (carrier)-class, or pages that link to Invincible (carrier)-class or to this page or whose text .
- Royal Navy : By long naval tradition, when there is no qualifier but "Royal", the navy being discussed is that of the United Kingdom.
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- HMS Invincible (1980) : Add brief definition or description
- HMS Illustrious (1981) : Add brief definition or description
- HMS Ark Royal (1985) : Invincible-class aircraft carrier of the Royal Navy; slightly larger than her sisters; operates helicopters and STOVL aircraft
- Falklands War : 1982 war between Argentina and the United Kingdom over the Falkland Islands and their dependencies.
- Sea Harrier : Add brief definition or description
- CH-47 Chinook : Medium transport helicopter developed by the U.S. Army and used by a wide range of countries
- Sea King : Add brief definition or description
- Lynx helicopter : Add brief definition or description
- AH-64 Apache : A United States Army attack helicopter capable of day/night missions in all weather.