From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hypericum, or pages that link to Hypericum or to this page or whose text .
- Complementary and alternative medicine : Set of therapies and treatments not considered mainstream or scientific.
- Phytotherapy : The therapeutic use of plants or plant extracts to prevent or treat disease; it is most commonly a form of complementary and alternative medicine, following long culturally-specific traditions such as herbalism. Chemically extracted and concentration-controlled plant-derived substances are used in conventional medicine, but are usually not considered phytotherapy.
- Depression : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Depression (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Serotonin : A biochemical messenger and regulator, synthesized from the essential amino acid L-tryptophan.
- Selective serotonin uptake inhibitor : The first class of second-generation antidepressants, with generally improved side effect profiles over tricyclic antidepressants and monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- Tricyclic antidepressant : Adrenergic uptake inhibitors used in the treatment of depression and other diseases; suppress postsynaptic catechol-O-methyl transferase, causing increases in synaptic norepinephrine and serotonin
- Oral contraceptive : Add brief definition or description
- Digoxin : The most commonly used synthetic derivative of digitalis glycosides, used clinically to improve the pumping action of the heart
- Warfarin : Rat poison also used as anticoagulant medication to prevent embolism and thrombosis
- Cyclosporin : Add brief definition or description
- Indinavir : A protease inhibitor drug used to treat HIV/AIDS.