From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hydrometer, or pages that link to Hydrometer or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- API gravity : An arbitrary scale developed by the American Petroleum Institute (API) as a measure of the density of petroleum liquids at 60 °F (15.56 °C) relative to the density of water at 60 °F.
- Baumé gravity : Add brief definition or description
- Buoyancy : The upward force exerted on an object that is partially or completely immersed in a fluid having a density that is higher than the density of the object.
- Brix gravity : Add brief definition or description
- Density (chemistry) : A measure of the mass per unit volume of a gas, liquid or solid.
- Geotechnical investigation : Enquiry on the physical properties of soil and rock around a site to design earthworks and foundations for proposed structures, and for repair of distress to earthworks and structures caused by subsurface conditions.
- Specific gravity : Add brief definition or description
- Twaddell gravity : Add brief definition or description