API gravity/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to API gravity, or pages that link to API gravity or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Baumé gravity : Add brief definition or description
- Density (chemistry) : A measure of the mass per unit volume of a gas, liquid or solid.
- Hydrometer : An instrument typically used to measure the specific gravity (SG) (or relative density) of liquids; that is, the ratio of the density of the liquid to the density of water with both at the same temperature.
- Petroleum crude oil : A naturally occurring, flammable liquid found primarily in underground geological formations and consists of a complex mixture of hydrocarbons of various molecular weights plus other organic compounds.
- Petroleum naphtha : An intermediate hydrocarbon liquid stream derived from the refining of petroleum crude oil and which may be further processed to obtain a gasoline blending component.
- Petroleum refining processes : The chemical engineering processes used in petroleum refining.
- Specific gravity : Add brief definition or description