Petroleum crude oil/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Petroleum crude oil, or pages that link to Petroleum crude oil or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Petroleum engineering : Add brief definition or description
- API gravity : An arbitrary scale developed by the American Petroleum Institute (API) as a measure of the density of petroleum liquids at 60 °F (15.56 °C) relative to the density of water at 60 °F.
- Asphalt (petroleum) : A sticky, black and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid that is present in most petroleum crude oils and in some natural deposits.
- Athabasca Oil Sands : A large deposit of oil-rich bitumen (petroleum asphalt) located in northern Alberta, Canada.
- Crude oil desalter : A device used in petroleum refineries to remove inorganic salts, water and sediment from the incoming petroleum crude oil feedstock before it is refined.
- Gasoline : A fuel for spark-ignited internal combustion engines derived from petroleum crude oil.
- Geochemistry : Add brief definition or description
- Hydrocarbons : A class of molecules that contain only carbon and hydrogen atoms.
- Induced gas flotation : A treatment process that separates and removes suspended oil from wastewaters or other waters.
- Oil sands : Add brief definition or description
- Organic chemistry : The scientific study of the structure, properties, composition, reactions, and preparation (by synthesis or by other means) of chemical compounds of carbon and hydrogen, which may contain any number of other elements.
- Petrochemicals : Chemical products made from the hydrocarbons present in raw natural gas and petroleum crude oil.
- Petroleum geology : Add brief definition or description
- Petroleum refining processes : The chemical engineering processes used in petroleum refining.
- Refineries : Industrial manufacturing facilities composed of a group of chemical engineering unit processes and unit operations used for the conversion certain raw materials such as petroleum crude oil, mined ores, sugar or salt into finished products of value or for the refining and purification of partially converted raw materials into finished products.
- Shale oil : Add brief definition or description
- Upstream, midstream and downstream (petroleum industry) : The terms often used to refer to the major sectors of the petroleum industry.