Hybrid cryptosystem/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hybrid cryptosystem, or pages that link to Hybrid cryptosystem or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Hybrid cryptosystem. Needs checking by a human.
- Active attack : An attack on a communications system in which the attacker creates, alters, replaces, re-routes or blocks messages; this contrasts with a passive attack in which he only reads them.
- Asymmetric key cryptography : A category of cryptographic techniques, which greatly simplify key management, which are based on mathematically related key pairs, such that the "public" key can be used to encrypt and be freely available, and only the holder of the "private" key can decrypt the message
- Block cipher modes of operation : Methods of combining multiple block cipher operations to achieve a larger goal.
- Block cipher : A symmetric cipher that operates on fixed-size blocks of plaintext, giving a block of ciphertext for each
- Cryptographic key : Value used by a computer together with a complex algorithm to encrypt and decrypt messages.
- Cryptography : A field at the intersection of mathematics and computer science that is concerned with the security of information, typically the confidentiality, integrity and authenticity of some message.
- Hash (cryptography) : An algorithm that produces a fixed-size digest from an input of essentially arbitrary size.
- Pretty Good Privacy : E-mail encryption package created by Phillip Zimmerman.
- Symmetric key cryptography : A cryptographic system in which there is only one key; the same secret key is used for encryption and decryption.