Hash (cryptography)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hash (cryptography), or pages that link to Hash (cryptography) or to this page or whose text .
- Information security : The set of policies and protective measures used to ensure appropriate confidentiality, integrity and availability to information; usually assumed to be information in a computer or telecommunications network but the principles extend to people and the physical world
- Cryptography : A field at the intersection of mathematics and computer science that is concerned with the security of information, typically the confidentiality, integrity and authenticity of some message.
- Error control : In computing and telecommunications, the detection and appropriate response to errors in digital information; the response can be ignoring or attempting to correct the error
- Hybrid cryptosystem : A system that combines public key with secret key methods; usually with a cryptographic hash for authentication as well.
- Advanced Encryption Standard : A US government standard issued in 2002 for a stronger block cipher to succeed the earlier Data Encryption Standard.
- Digital signature : A technique based on public key cryptography to allow people to "sign" documents using their private keys.
- Checksum : Add brief definition or description