Active attack/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Active attack, or pages that link to Active attack or to this page or whose text .
- Cryptanalysis : The sub-field of cryptology which deals with breaking into existing codes and ciphers.
- Man-in-the-middle attack : An attack on a communications system in which the attacker deceives the communicating parties so they both talk to him while believing they are talking to each other.
- Rewrite attack : An attack on a communication system in which the attacker replaces a legitimate message with his own.
- Passive attack : An attack on a communications system in which the attacker reads messages he is not supposed to but does not alter them.
- Cryptographic authentication : Cryptographic techniques for authenticating both senders and messages; the most common are digital signatures and hashed message authentication codes.