From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Genome: The set of all genes of an organism.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Genetics : The study of the inheritance of characteristics, genes and DNA.
- Genomics : The study and manipulation of genomes.
- Gene : The functional unit of heredity.
- Exon : Add brief definition or description
- Intron : Non-coding sequence of nucleic acid that is between the expressed sequences (exons) in a gene.
- DNA : A macromolecule — chemically, a nucleic acid — that stores genetic information.
- RNA : A polymer, made using the nucleotides of adenosine, guanosine, uridine and cytidine, that is used for a variety of biological functions in living systems.