F-35C Lightning II/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to F-35C Lightning II, or pages that link to F-35C Lightning II or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/F-35C Lightning II. Needs checking by a human.
- APG-81 : active electronically scanned array radar for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter series
- Air refueling : Transferring fuel from one aircraft to another while both are in flight.
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- F-18 Hornet : A relatively lightweight carrier-capable multirole fighter, developed by the United States Navy and used by several nations, including Canada, in land-based roles; a fourth-generation fighter gradually being replaced by the F-18E/F Super Hornet, and then the F-35.
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter : A family of 5th generation multirole fighter, being developed in versions to operate from conventional airfields, in short takeoff and vertical landing for small carrier and forward-based land operations, and in carrier-capable conventional takeoff and landing.
- Forward Area Air Defense : A U.S. military command and control system for managing air defense, which includes both artillery/air deconfliction and counter-rocket, artillery and mortar missions, near the main battle line, typically under brigade control
- Network Centric Airborne Defense Element (missile) : An air-launched anti-ballistic missile intended for boost-phase intercept, built on largely existing components from the AIM-120 AMRAAM and AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles and AN/APG-63 radar
- Short takeoff and vertical landing : A carrier-capable aircraft that takes a short takeoff, without catapulting but possibly a "ski jump" ramp, but lands vertically.
- Su-35 (fighter) : A Russian "generation 4.5" fighter aircraft, derived from the Su-27 (fighter)
- U.S. Navy : The branch of the United States Armed Forces charged with sea operations