Short takeoff and vertical landing/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Short takeoff and vertical landing, or pages that link to Short takeoff and vertical landing or to this page or whose text .
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- BaE Sea Harrier : Add brief definition or description
- AV-8 Harrier II : Add brief definition or description
- GR7 Harrier II : Add brief definition or description
- F-35B Lightning II : Short takeoff and vertical landing (STOVL) version of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, to be used on small carriers (i.e., without catapults and from minimal forward airfields
- MiG-29K (fighter) : Add brief definition or description
- Su-25K (fighter) : Add brief definition or description
- Amphibious ready group : The group of amphibious warfare ships, not including escorts, that can land and support a United States Marine Corps Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), a reinforced naval infantry battalion and an air component; also used for the equivalent Royal Marine Commando
- Royal Navy : By long naval tradition, when there is no qualifier but "Royal", the navy being discussed is that of the United Kingdom.
- U.S. Navy : The branch of the United States Armed Forces charged with sea operations
- United States Air Force : One of the uniformed services of the United States, with principal responsibility for land-based long-range and high-performance aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- United States Marine Corps : A branch of the United States Armed Forces, with primary responsibilities as naval infantry and in amphibious warfare, are organized in Marine Air-Ground Task Forces capable of serving as up to corps headquarters with integrated close air support