Eurozone crisis/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Eurozone crisis, or pages that link to Eurozone crisis or to this page or whose text .
Index and Glossary
- European Union : Political and economic association of 28 European states.
- Eurozone : The member states of the European Union that use the euro as their common currency (Belgium, Germany¸ Ireland, Greece, Spain, France, Italy, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, and Finland)
- Bank failures and rescues : an account of the occurrence , causes and consequences of bank failures, and of methods of dealing with them
- Debt : The outcome of an agreement between a person or organisation wishing to make immediate use of resources, and one wishing to defer their use.
- Financial economics : the economics of investment choices made by individuals and corporations, and their consequences for the economy, .
- Fiscal policy : Policy concerning public expenditure, taxation and borrowing and the provision of public goods and services, and their effects upon social conduct, the distribution of wealth and the level of economic activity.
- Global stagnation : The period of zero- or below-capacity - economic growth that followed the Great Recession.
- Great Recession : The disruption of economic activity that began with a downturn in 2007 and generated international repercussions that continued through 2012 and into 2013.
- International economics : The study of the patterns and consequences of transactions and interactions between the inhabitants of different countries, including trade, investment and migration.
- Sovereign default : The failure of a government to comply with its interest payment or debt repayment obligations.