From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Djibouti, or pages that link to Djibouti or to this page or whose text .
- Geography : Study of the surface of the Earth and the activities of humanity upon it.
- Republic : A form of government in which political power and authority is derived from the citizenry, and not from a monarch, whether hereditary or "tyrannical" (ie, a dictator).
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Horn of Africa : A peninsula in East Africa, bordered by the Arabian Sea, the Gulf of Aden and the Indian Ocean.
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Gulf of Aden : Add brief definition or description
- Red Sea : Add brief definition or description
- Mandab Strait : Add brief definition or description
- Gulf of Tadjoura : Add brief definition or description
- Land of Punt : Add brief definition or description
- Somail people : Add brief definition or description
- Afar people : Add brief definition or description
- Djibouti City : Add brief definition or description
- Léonce Lagarde : Add brief definition or description
- Eritrea : Republic located along the north-east littoral of Africa, adjacent to the Horn of Africa and Red Sea.
- Ethiopia : Among the oldest countries of the world, from which Muslim-majority Eritrea split after a civil war; Coptic Christian-majority state in East Africa
- Somalia : A country located in the Horn of Africa, bordering Djibouti to the northwest, Kenya on its southwest, the Gulf of Aden at its north, the Indian Ocean at its east, and Ethiopia to the west.
- Somaliland : Add brief definition or description