Displacement current/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Displacement current, or pages that link to Displacement current or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Displacement current. Needs checking by a human.
- Ampere's law : The integral of a magnetic field over a closed path is equal to the conduction current through the surface bounded by the path.
- Biot-Savart's law : Add brief definition or description
- Electricity : The flow or presence of electric charge; the flow of electricity is an important carrier of energy.
- Electromagnetic wave : A change, periodic in space and time, of an electric field E(r,t) and a magnetic field B(r,t); a stream of electromagnetic waves, referred to as electromagnetic radiation, can be seen as a stream of massless elementary particles, named photons.
- Electromagnetism : Phenomena and theories regarding electricity and magnetism.
- Gauss' law (electrostatics) : Relates the surface integral of the electric displacement through a closed surface to the electric charge enveloped by the closed surface.
- James Clerk Maxwell : (1831 – 1879) Scottish physicist best known for his formulation of electromagnetic theory and the statistical theory of gases.
- Magnetic field : Vector field H caused by permanent magnets, conduction currents, and displacement currents.
- Magnetic induction : A divergence-free electromagnetic field, denoted B, determining the Lorentz force upon a moving charge, and related to the magnetic field H.
- Maxwell equations : Mathematical equations describing the interrelationship between electric and magnetic fields; dependence of the fields on electric charge- and current- densities.
- Vector field : A vector function on the three-dimensional Euclidean space .