From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Catalysis, or pages that link to Catalysis or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Physical chemistry : The application of physics to macroscopic, microscopic, atomic, subatomic, and particulate phenomena in chemical systems within the field of chemistry traditionally using the principles, practices and concepts of thermodynamics, quantum chemistry, statistical mechanics and kinetics.
- Activation energy : Add brief definition or description
- Autocatalysis : Add brief definition or description
- Catalytic converter : Add brief definition or description
- Catalytic reforming : A catalytic chemical process that converts petroleum naphthas into high-octane gasoline components.
- Chemical thermodynamics : The study of the interrelation of heat and work with chemical reactions or with physical changes of state within the confines of the laws of thermodynamics.
- Chemical kinetics : Add brief definition or description
- Chemical reaction : A process that transforms one set of chemical substances into another, with the set of substances present at the start of the process being called reactants and the set of substances present at the end being called products.
- Claus process : A catalytic chemical process for converting gaseous hydrogen sulfide into elemental sulfur.
- Enzyme : A protein that catalyzes (i.e. accelerate) chemical reactions.
- Equilibrium constant : Add brief definition or description
- Fluid catalytic cracking : A petroleum refining process that cracks the large hydrocarbon molecules in the portion of the petroleum crude oil boiling above 340 °C into lower boiling, more valuable high octane gasoline and olefinic gases.
- Hydrocracking : A catalytic chemical process used in petroleum refineries for converting the high-boiling constituent hydrocarbons in petroleum crude oils to more valuable lower-boiling products such as gasoline, kerosene, jet fuel and diesel oil.
- Hydrodesulfurization : A catalytic chemical process used in petroleum refining to remove sulfur compounds from intermediate and refined end-products.
- Katal : Add brief definition or description
- Reaction rate : The amount of reactant or product that is formed or removed (in moles or mass units) per unit time per unit volume, in a particular reaction.