Carbon monoxide/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Carbon monoxide, or pages that link to Carbon monoxide or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Inorganic chemistry : The branch of chemistry involving the scientific study of the properties and reactions of all chemical elements and chemical compounds other than the vast number of organic compounds (compounds containing at least one carbon-hydrogen bond).
- Ammonia production : The processes for the manufacture of hydrogen (H2) and ammonia (NH3).
- Carbon dioxide : Chemical compound composed of two oxygen atoms covalently bonded to a single carbon atom.
- Combustion : A sequence of exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat or both heat and light in the form of either a glow or flames.
- Gas : One of the major states of matter (i.e., gas, liquid, solid and plasma).
- Neurotransmitter : A class of chemicals which relay, amplify or modulate electrical signals between a neuron and other cells in the nervous system.
- Oxygen : A chemical element with the symbol O and atomic number 8.
- Toxicity : A measure of the degree of harm to which a substance is capable of harming an organism exposed to the substance, and which generally increases with the level and extent of exposure.
- Toxicology : Study of the nature, effects, and detection of poisons and the treatment of poisoning.