As one of the two initial editors for this workgroup, I have started this page, and welcome other editors, prospective editors, and prospective writers. Please join in the discussion on our forum listed above.
Library and Information Science workgroup tasks (based on recommendations by Larry Sanger)
- a welcome message aimed at new editors in your area
- Launch list of top articles Right now, there is a partial list of high priority articles (see below). We need to transfer that into a different form, i.e., by placing "Category:Library and Information Science Workgroup (Top)" at the bottom of articles that are regarded as "high priority" for an area. Note, don't also mark an article you're tagging as "live" unless you've actually worked on it!
- Launch workgroup tagging of articles In addition to tagging top articles, whether live or not, we also need to tag live articles according to their likely managing workgroup. So, for instance, one might go to "Category:CZ_Live" and at the bottom of the "xyz" article put "[[Category:Library and Information Science Workgroup]]". This means that we think the Library *and Information Science workgroup will be the main group to manage this article. Note, the tag is *not* "[[Category:Library and Information Science]]"; that's because we're attaching the article to its *management*.
- Launch area management and proposed subgroups: deferred We should probably defer selection of discipline workgroup management until after more people have arrived. There may be so few of us that little formal organization is needed.
- The organisation we inherited from the Wikipedia portal is subdivided into List of Library and Information Science topics, however, we do not have to follow such a format. We can move forward with subgroups that seem more natural,if we decide we need subgroups at all. We can discuss this in the Library and Information Science forum, as we reach a critical mass of editors and authors.
- Relevant lists and headers from Wikipedia are shown at the bottom of this page.
High priority articles
This list of articles was extracted from the (now deprecated) CZ:High priority articles for pilot page. It can be used as a starting point for placing "[[Category:Library and Information Science Workgroup (Top)]]" tags. We need to decide which of the articles below should be classified as "Top" (possibly all of those listed?) and the remainder should be tagged with "[[Category:Library and Information Science Workgroup]]" tags.
Tentative suggestion for "top" have been made below, by using bold. DavidGoodman 23:40, 30 November 2006 (CST)
List of potential editors
- Johannes Gutenberg - Jnc, DG
- Printing press also in Media and communication DG
- Printing also in Media and communication
- Typography also in Language
- Book also in Language
- Scholarly communication DG
- Intellectual property "also in Law
- Libraries DG
- Information Science
topics from in the Wikipedia list of basic library and information science topics
Wikipedia List of Basic Library and Information Science Topics
- Main article: Library and information science
Branches of library science
History of library and information science
- Main article: History of library and information science
Basic library and information science concepts
Selection and acquisition of library materials
Social and legal issues
Types of publications
Catalogs and indexes
Other library services and processes
Electronic information storage and retrieval
Types of libraries
For examples of particular types of libraries, see the corresponding category.
Notable people in library and information science
See also Category:Librarians and List of librarians
Other Topics Library and information science from Wikipeda
Library and information science lists within Wikipedia
Organizing and searching Wikipedia
Topics from wikipedia Publishing project lists
Topics from Wikipedia Book project lists