From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Breakfast, or pages that link to Breakfast or to this page or whose text .
- Food : Any edible substance ingested (eaten) by living creatures for the purpose of obtaining energy and nutrients and so sustaining life.
- Cooking : The act of using heat to prepare food for eating. Cooking may also be said to occur by certain cold-preparation methods.
- Cuisine : A specific set of cooking traditions and practices, often associated with a specific culture.
- English breakfast : A meal generally consisting of four elements: egg, tomato, baked beans, and bacon or sausage.
- Full Irish breakfast : A meal generally consisting of at least five elements: fried pork sausages, bacon rashers, fried egg, toasted bread, and tea.
- Continental breakfast : North American term for a light breakfast.
- Morning tea : A Commonwealth (particularly Australian) term for a light mid-morning meal intended as a break from working.
- Brunch : A portmanteau of breakfast and lunch(eon), often served as a meal meant to take the place of both, after a morning event or prior to an afternoon one.
- Japanese breakfast : Add brief definition or description
- Tea : Agricultural products of the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, prepared and cured by various methods, and usually served as an aromatic beverage with hot or boiling water.
- Coffee : One of the most popular and widely consumed beverages in the world today.
- Bread : A kind of food made from heated dough.
- Hash browned potatoes : Add brief definition or description
- Grits : Add brief definition or description
- Red-eye gravy : Add brief definition or description
- Bacon : Add brief definition or description
- Ham (food) : Add brief definition or description
- Sausage : Add brief definition or description
- Lox : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Lox (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Herring : Add brief definition or description
- Butter : A food made by churning cream to separate out the solids.
- Cheese : Dairy product made from milk curd and widely eaten in the Western Hemisphere and Europe.
- Cream cheese : Add brief definition or description
- Doughnut : Add brief definition or description
- Eggs Benedict : A popular brunch dish of a poached egg placed over bacon, ham, or so-called Canadian bacon on a toasted English muffin and then served with hollandaise sauce.
- Hash (cooking) : Fried meat dishes containing small pieces of meat with similarly-sized pieces of potatoes, spices, and other ingredients.
- Marmite : A savory spread made from yeast.
- Tomato : The fruit of Lycopersicon lycopersicum, native to the Americas but now in widespread culinary use in many parts of the world.
- Baked beans : Add brief definition or description