From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Behavior, or pages that link to Behavior or to this page or whose text .
- Psychology : The study of systemic properties of the brain and their relation to behaviour.
- Evolutionary psychology : The comparative study of the nervous system and its relation to behaviour across species.
- Altruism : The characteristic of benefiting others without the expectation of reward.
- Ambiguity tolerance : The ability to perceive ambiguities in social and cultural behaviours as well as information with equivocal meanings in a neutral and open way.
- Animal communication : Add brief definition or description
- Anxiety : A physiological state marked by demonstrable changes in cognitive, somatic, emotional, and behavioral components.
- Emotion : A psychophysiological process underlying the interpretation of situations or objects by an animal.
- : Actions, responses or exertions exhibited by homo sapiens that are mediated by and through language and may be influenced by culture, attitudes, beliefs, emotions, values, ethics, authority, rapport, persuasion, coercion, force, self-interest, genetics or a variety of other factors.
- Language : A communication system based on sequences of acoustic, visual or tactile symbols that serve as units of meaning.
- Learning : The process of structuring new knowledge.
- Statistical learning : Add brief definition or description
- Vocal learning : The ability of an organism to imitate sounds not inborn to it.
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Brain development : The build-up of the brain from ectodermal cells to a complex structure of neurons, glia and blood vessels.
- Brain evolution : The process by which the central nervous system changed over many generations.
- Intercultural competence : The ability to successfully communicate with people of other cultures.
- Neuroanatomy : The branch of anatomy that studies the anatomical organization of the nervous system.
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder : Personality disorder characterized by inflexibility, rigid conformity to rules and procedures, perfectionism, moral code, and/or excessive orderliness.
- Psychiatry : The subfield of health sciences concerned with mental disorders.
- Psychoneuroimmunology : Study of the interactions between behavior, the brain, and the immune system.
- Schizophrenia : A mental disorder characterized by impaired perception of the individual's environment.