From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Basophil, or pages that link to Basophil or to this page or whose text .
- Immunology : The study of all aspects of the immune system in all animals.
- Leukocyte : Colourless cells of the immune system which defend the body against both infectious disease and foreign materials, and grouped into neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, lymphocytes, and monocytes.
- Asthma : Disease process that is characterised by paradoxical narrowing of the bronchi, making breathing difficult.
- Histamine : A biogenic amine involved in local immune responses as well as regulating physiological function in the gut and acting as a neurotransmitter.
- Mast cell : Non-circulating, but leukocyte-like (especially basophil) associated with the inflammatory response, especially the release of histamine.