From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Cells : The basic unit of life, consisting of biochemical networks enclosed by a membrane.
- Microbiology : The study of microorganisms (overlapping with areas of virology, bacteriology, mycology, and parasitology).
- Microorganism : A 'germ', an organism that is too small to be seen individually with the naked eye.
- Prokaryote : Single celled organism with no membrane-bound organelles.
- Three-domain system : Add brief definition or description
- Taxonomy of Archaea domain : Is a taxonomic list of Archaea domain based on Garrity et al. (2007) and Euzeby (2008).
- Carl Woese : Add brief definition or description
- Eukaryote : An organism that is composed of one or more cells containing cell nuclei.
- Bacteria : A major group of single-celled microorganisms.
- Virus : A microscopic particle that can infect the cells of a biological organism and can reproduce only with the assistance of the cells it infects.